John Wuest has been President and Chief Executive of the St. Louis Equity Fund since August 2005; he retired as Vice Chairman of Heartland Bank in 2005 after seventeen years of service. Prior to joining Heartland Bank, John worked for 21 years as Executive Vice President of Corporate Banking at the former Mercantile Bank.
In addition to his career responsibilities, Mr. Wuest is actively involved with various professional, civic, and arts organizations, including:
- Board Member of Heartland Bank
- Board Member and past Chairman of the Midland Division of The Salvation Army
- Board Member of Grand Center
Former Board Affiliation:
- Board Member and Chairman of Laumeier Sculpture Park
- Chairman of Partnership for Downtown St. Louis
- Federal Home Loan Bank of Des Moines
- Bi-State Chapter Red Cross and Chairman of Bio Medical Services
- President of the Missouri Mortgage Bankers Association
- Charles F. Vatterott Company
- Chairman of the Villa Duchesne Oak Hill School Board
- Chairman of Jazz St. Louis
- Chairman of Tree of Lights Campaign – The Salvation Army Midland Division
Mr. Wuest earned his Bachelor of Science degree from the School of Commerce & Finance at Saint Louis University in 1966, and his Master of Science degree in Commerce, with a Major in Finance and a Minor in Management, from Saint Louis University in 1971.